About Business Plan Competition
The IBCN 2017 – Business Plan Competition (IBCN-BPC) is a unique community level start up competition. It is hosted by NBIG (Nagarathar Business Initiative Group) as part of IBCN 2017 – Dubai event.
The Goal of the IBCN-BPC is to provide the best overall educational and entrepreneurial experience of any business plan/new venture. The competition is designed to give entrepreneurs at different stages, a real-world experience to fine tune their ideas, business plans and elevator pitches. The competition would provide a platform to move from an idea to a fundable business proposition and help them through the thought process of commercialising their product. We intend to provide an unparalleled experience for the participants by designing a competition with significant time allocated for feedback and interaction with the judging panel and other successful industry mentors.
NBIG is happy to announce our Incubation partner for IBCN-BPC as TiE Chennai, IIT Madras Research Park.
Why participate in IBCN 2017 Business Plan Competition?
- The top 3 teams can pitch their plan in front of leading Angel Investors, Venture Capitalists, Industrialists & other investors’ community to fund your venture.
- An opportunity to be incubated and mentored by TiE Chennai, Business Plan partner for the participants in the General Category.
- Connect and get mentored and receive Feedback by seasoned Entrepreneurs and experienced industry professionals within our community.
- Networking opportunities with successful world class Entrepreneurs.
- Rich feedback on the business model from successful Entrepreneurs, investors, and professional service providers on our judging panel, so as to take your venture to the point of “success”.
- A Prize Money.
Eligibility & Guidelines
The IBCN 2017 – Business Plan competition will be run in 2 categories:
- Youth Category
- General Category
- Any Nagarathar aged above 24*, working professionals/entrepreneurs & others across the world, can participate. All you need is an innovative business idea and passion to succeed.
- You can participate as an Individual or as a Team. There has to be at least one Nagarathar in the team. Maximum team size to be restricted to three (3).
- Already existing ventures with a plan to expand into innovative areas can also pitch in with your plan.
- Winners of the IBCN 2015 (Coimbatore) – Business Plan Competition, will not be eligible to participate.
(*As of 31st Dec 2016)
- IBCN-Business Plan Registration ————– Sep2016.
- Last date for registration for competition Feb 18th, 2017
- The submission of an Executive Summary ————– February 18th, 2017.
- Teams will have the opportunity to submit a Business Overview.
- Shortlisted teams will move to the second round.
- Submission of Detailed Business Plan ———— 28thFebruary 2017.
- 8 to 10 Shortlisted teams will advance to the competition next stage to be assessed by our parnters TiE.
Final Presentation Round:
- 8 to 10 Shortlisted teams will present before panel of judges from TiE —— To be Confirmed.
- Top 3 team will be selected to present in Dubai.
Investor Roadshow Round:
- Top 3 teams will be given opportunity to exhibit their plans in the IBCN 2017 in Dubai.
- Will participate in the Investment Roadshow round before angel investors, mentors, fellow entrepreneurs on pre-conference day or first day of the conference.
- All Entries will firstly be judged by a panel of distinguished professionals from the venture capital, business, Banking and Academic communities, each of whom will have expertise in the various segments represented. Thereafter, the shortlisted candidates would be judged by TiE based on the Final Presentation and top three teams would be decided by TiE.
Registration & Submission Guidelines:
- Fill out the Applicant Registration Form. Click here to download.
- Email the Registration form to Bizplan@ibcn2017.org before 30th January 2017.
- You will receive an acknowledgement with your registration number to be quoted in all your future correspondences.
- Submit an Executive summary, Click here
to download the guideline. We Will Accept Your Entries Until 11:59 p.m. IST, Jan 31st 2017.
- Email your Executive summary to Bizplan@ibcn2017.org quoting your registration number.
About our Partner
(TiE)The Indus Entrepreneurs,is a non-profit, global community supporting entrepreneurs from all over the world. They believe in the power of ideas to change the face of entrepreneurship and growing business through their five pillars.
The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE), was founded in 1992 in Silicon Valley by a group of successful entrepreneurs, corporate executives, and senior professionals with roots in the Indus region. There are currently 13,000 members, including over 2,500 charter members in 61 chapters across 18 countries (USA, UK, Malaysia, Singapore, India and Dubai amongst others). TiE’s focus is on generating and nurturing our next generation of entrepreneurs.
Largest pool of intellectual capital anywhere
- TiE Brand is globally synonymous with entrepreneurship
- TiE’s annual professional conferences,TiECon,are regarded as the largest entrepreneurial forum in the world and held in over 15 cities globally each year
- TiE has helped boost the economies of the communities in which it operates
- Economic wealth creation estimated at $200 billion
- Significant involvement in social entrepreneurship
- Influenced liberalization of key economic sectors in India and Pakistan